Welcome to the DWF Insurance Brief, which aims to highlight useful case law and forthcoming legal and industry developments.
We hope you find the Brief informative and would be pleased to hear from you. Please get in touch by contacting Fiona James, Alex Fusco or any of the contributors if you would like to discuss in more detail any of the issues raised.
The May Brief covers a wide spectrum of topics including:
- Developments on the Jackson and associated civil justice reforms
- An update on the Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act 2010
- The new Mesothelioma BillGuidance on the Health & Social Care Act 2012
- An RTA case involving a pothole and consideration of "Well Maintained Highways"
- Negligence and causation in relation to a tragic accident on a school expedition
- Non-party costs and the effect of a claimant's solicitor having funded disbursements
- Noise induced hearing loss and consideration of the 2000 Guidelines on Diagnosis
- A Scottish RTA case involving res judicata
Please click on the pdf icon below to view the DWF May Insurance Brief.