We’re proud of what we’ve achieved and the international recognition we’ve received from both clients and industry peers. We’ve been praised for our delivery of client service excellence, legal expertise as well as our efficient operational management. Some of our recent successes include:
Legal Week Employee Satisfaction Report 2014
An independent survey of solicitors and trainee solicitors across the top UK firms.
- DWF ranked second of all UK law firms for overall employee satisfaction.
- DWF ranked third of all UK law firms for professional satisfaction.
- DWF ranked third of all UK law firms for management, which covers key areas such as strategic direction, cooperation and teamwork, recognition and praise, line management and internal communication.
Top Employers for Working Families 2014
- DWF ranked in the Top 30 Employers for Working Families 2014 following independent research, conducted by the work-life balance organisation Working Families, which benchmarks employers on their work-life and flexible working policies and practices.
Managing Partners' Forum Awards for Management Excellence 2014
The MPF Awards are held in association with The Financial Times, Google Enterprise and The Harvard Business Review and recognise management excellence in professional services firms across Europe.
- DWF won 'Best Managed National Firm' as it “demonstrated a strong alignment between its overall strategic objectives and delivery by its management team”, the firm was particularly commended for its “strong leadership”, “clear sense of purpose” and “preparedness to adopt state-of-the-art business practices”. DWF’s exceptional growth was noted for being “underpinned by a strong management team” who are “well equipped to drive the business to greater heights, and delivering against a well thought through plan”.
- DWF won ‘Best Financial Management’ in recognition of how the firm has “brought together people, processes and systems to improve financial performance across the firm”. The firm was praised for its “focus on communication to ensure fee earners and support staff understand the firm’s financial objectives”, its “investment in systems to improve management information” and its “focus on improving efficiency at all stages in the end to end billing process”, particularly in relation to how these investments have “benefited clients through more transparent information”.
Legal Business Awards 2014
- Andrew Leaitherland, Managing Partner & CEO at DWF, won ‘Management Partner of the Year’ for “putting his firm firmly on the legal services map”. Commended for building “strong strategic and operational boards” and “eschewing the traditional law firm structure” to adopt a corporate approach which enables “sharper decision making and clearer reporting lines”, Andrew’s “boundless energy” and “ability to communicate his vision effectively” have been credited as “galvanising forces behind the firm’s success”.
Legal Week Client Satisfaction Report 2013
An independent survey of senior decision-makers at FTSE 100, 350, and AIM listed companies as well as the UK's 100 largest privately owned businesses.
- DWF ranked first of all top 20 UK law firms (by revenue) for the quality of its legal advice with a score of 9.15 out of 10, the only national firm to score above nine in any category.
- DWF ranked in joint first place of all national firms for service delivery and responsiveness, with a score of 8.5 out of ten. DWF's client's commended the firm for its “speed and efficiency”, in addition to acknowledging the firm's “knowledge of subject area.”
Lawyer Management Awards 2013
- DWF won ‘Best Major Project’ in recognition of the firm’s achievements following the acquisition of Cobbetts. Recognising the “immense time pressures” the judges commented that it is “sometimes it is the most practical projects that impress” and that “the bare facts boggle the mind – 742 people, less than a month’s elapsed time and three lease negotiations A huge achievement for the facilities, IT and real estate teams.”
North West Responsible Business Awards 2014
- DWF won ‘Employee Volunteering Business of the Year’.
Manchester Legal Awards 2014
- DWF won ‘Large Law Firm of the Year’.
Yorkshire Legal Awards 2013
- DWF won ‘Large Law Firm of the Year’.
Liverpool Legal Awards 2013
North of England Excellence Awards 2013
- DWF won ‘Special Award for High Growth’.
The Lawyer Hot 100
- Andrew Leaitherland recognised in The Lawyer’s Hot 100.